Daily Bible Verse

11 July 2008

Adventures


I have been saying for about a year that eventually I would like to bike across an entire state. Preferably Texas, but if any other state could offer interesting sites to see, then I may consider that too. I had been saving up this spring and beginning of summer to buy a bike, maybe a road bike. You know, the kind with skinny tires. But I recently had to give up saving money to pay rent. The leftover money after rent and bills is going to a camping trip that I am going on soon with a few friends.

You see, the thing is, I'm not even a biker. I own a bmx, but going any more than 4 miles on that begins to give me scoliosis, so that wouldn't work for the long distance that cross-state travel requires.

I remember the first time I saw the movie Forest Gump being in awe of all of the different landscapes and areas that he ran through on his 3 year and however long run, and thought that I wanted to be able to see all the same things. Additionally, the bassist of one of my favorite bands, the Bouncing Souls, took a cross country motorcycle ride a few years ago and posted pictures on their site, and I thought, dannnnnnng, i want to do that. But I don't own a motorcycle. So I kicked around the idea of becoming a truck driver for a year, or maybe just a few months, so that I could see the country. I gave up on that one pretty quickly. Not sure why, other than that I don't necessarily want to be a truck driver.

So I thought, and thought, and I even did some thinking during that time and decided on a cross-country bicycle ride, which soon narrowed down to a cross-Texas bicycle ride. Which, if I was super-Texan, I could go ahead and consider that a country. It is bigger than France, by the way.

All that to say, if anyone knows someone trying to get rid of a bike, or if you want to watch Forrest Gump sometime, let me know.

1 comment:

kmr said...

Your end comment made me laugh out loud. Good thing I am not in a library right now.