Daily Bible Verse

25 July 2007

Goodbyes and Waffles...

As the days count down before I leave for Willow Creek, I can't even explain how much I am going to miss all of my friends and family here. I have lived in San Antonio my entire life, and just about everything and everyone I know is here. But at the same time I am super excited about being in an entirely new setting, and having to have faith that God is going to bring more amazing people into my life.

The last two weeks I have been trying to spend as much time with as many people as I can here. Sunday I had my going away party at the Loft Coffee House, which, if you ask me, is the best Coffee House in the greater San Antonio area. Props to the family, especially mom, for throwing this party together for me. Right beforehand, I got a little nervous, thinking, "Dang, what if nobody comes?" but there was an incredible turnout, and 'Ol Scott Heare, father of 5 (well, 3 really) led a prayer for me, and Mark Deaton closed it for us. It was so much fun to see all of my church family there, and if any of you are reading this, I want you to know that I almost passed on this internship because of how much I wanted to continue to be a part of the community. Also, thanks to my aunts, uncles, cousins, and Granny Betty (I think that's what she liked to be called?) for making the trip out there to hang out.

Today is Wednesday. I leave on Saturday morning. Ben Toalson is making waffles for breakfast. If you like homemade waffles, drop some hints around him. You never know what may happen.

So, until then, C.William out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mad props on having courageous faith. All of us here at willow can't wait till you come!!

Anonymous said...

Man those were good waffles weren't they. Thanks for bringing the whipped cream. I will miss you Charlie and our waffle breakfasts.

Jamie King said...

Gonna miss you Charwee. I will make sure all the lights are turned off at the Loft! - Grady.
Thank you for being such a gift to our family. I know that the little man, Charis and I are going to miss you.