Daily Bible Verse

08 August 2007

Playtime is over, Work Begins (Leadership Summit 07)

Tomorrow, August 9, I officially have my first day to report somewhere for my internship. The Willow Creek Association Leadership Summit will be from Thursday through Saturday, and is one of the many amazing conferences that I will get to attend for free as an intern. Speaking this year are Bill Hybels (WCCC founder), Colin Powell, Michael E. Porter, John Ortberg, Floyd H. Flake, Carly Fiorina, Marcus Buckingham, Richard Curtis, Jimmy Carter, and music by Kirk Franklin.

Quite a lineup huh? Or, maybe you are more like me and have only heard of about 4 of the people speaking. Either way, I believe this conference will be a great way to officially begin my work up here. And, if you would like any of the notes I take so that you may have a few insights to the leadership of any of these folks, let me know, and I'll maybe post them on here.


In unrelated news, Sunday a few of my friends from summer staff at windy gap last year came out to church on sunday and then showed me a round a bit of the north side of Chicago, We wandered around the Lincoln Park area, and checked out a free zoo that was about a block away from lake michican. Now I know what you're thinking..."another free zoo, eh?" But I'm telling you, this one is much better than the free zoo that is a few blocks away from where I am living. They have lions, tigers, and bears (yeah, I had to do it, but its true), giraffes, hippos, rhinos, basically everything a standard zoo has, only on a smaller scale, and, free.

Last night I had another friend from windy gap stay the night at my place, and we went downtown to explore a bit. It was fun. I only wish to give you the highlights at the moment.
1. Right around the wrigley field area there was a southern looking man with a nasty mullet riding a hot pink womans bike. So of course we had to document through photos, and slowed down with the windows down, snapped a shot, and right as he saw us we sped off.
2. Walking onto some of the docks full of sailboats, looking at the city across the water, and daydreaming about being a pirate, or just owning a real nice boat.
3. A woman with an australian accent pushing a baby in a stroller. "How is this a highlight?" You may be thinking. Well, if you heard how awesome her voice was, you'd understand.
4. A drunk guy on a bike rolling past us, stopping to talk to the Australian accented beauty, then riding off only to run into, and knock over a newspaper stand

Still no solid internet connection, so I haven't been too too able to post still. But I will update following the Leadership Summit. Until then, good days.

4 comments:

Mom said...

And you also got to hang out with your mom for a few hours. I'm glad we got to get together. Love ya

The Garrison's said...

Okay, so we are waiting....how the heck was Summit? Love you and miss your face!

pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pat said...

you also got to see your fantastic aunt