Daily Bible Verse

27 August 2007

Apologies on the lack of posts. Turns out I am still stealing internet from the neighbors. They have no idea. its great.

Anwyay, yesterday we had our official launch for the 2007-2008 season of Student Impact. It went well. Many many high schoolers showed up, probably near 1000, no lie, and then following the service we all went to our seperate area for our house/small group time.

I will be co-leading the Lake Park/Conant house group this year, and I'm hoping, and sure, it is going to be pretty awesome. I really dont know what else to write about the house group, other than the fact that I will be co-leading it. So if you have any questions to promt me on what to write on the next post, let me know.

In related news, this past Saturday night, I decided to call it an early night (10pm...way early for a saturday) so that I could wake up super early on Sunday (430am...super early), to get a little quiet time in with God to prepare myself for our Impact Launch. The Plan: drive to downtown Chicago and catch sunrise on one of the beaches in the city. It was AMAZING. no lie.

I don't even know what else to say. I have done a lot of stuff since the last post, and I don't really want to give you the play by play of every day. But I will tell you, if you are ever in the city, eat at the Pasta Bowl, off of Clark and Fullerton, in Lincoln Park. Get the tortelini, and tell them I sent you. Not that they know who I am, but, they will eventually. Also, Chicago beaches. Go to one. They are cool, number one, because thaey are beaches, and number two, because they are right side=by-side to many a skyscraper.

Additionallty, here is an opportunity for any of you who are reading this, or if you have stumbled upon my blog, to help me out with something, if you so chose. I am planning on flying home to San Antonio in early October for a wedding for two of my good friends, Esther Class and Evans George. However, plane tickets aren't too cheap, so I am hoping I can find atleast a decent priced one to make it down to attend the wedding, as well as spend time with family and friends. If you, or someone you know, would like to help me make it home, post a comment, or email me at chughes@willowcreek.org.

Until next time, good days. And, I promise, I will try my best to stay on top of things from here on out.

No comments: