Daily Bible Verse

19 September 2007

I am intrigued by the honesty of some people. They say exactly what is on their heart, and they do not hold back, or put on a front to try to impress people. I read this quote in a book recently and wanted to share it with you all. Maybe you can relate. For some of you it may just sound kind of neat, but you can't relate to it, but to many of us (yes, me included), it may so close to what we feel that we may as well call it our own.

"Now- here is my secret: I tell it to you with an openness of heart that I doubt I shall ever achieve again, so I pray that you are in a quiet room as your hear these words. My secret is that I need God- that I am sick and can no longer make it alone. I need God to help me give, because I no longer seem capable of giving; to help me be kind, as I no longer seem capable of kindness; to help me love, as I seem beyond being able to love."

If any of you have any good quotes you would like to share from books you have read recently, or, ever, please post them as a comment. I would love to hear some.

1 comment:

Ryan Miller said...

what's your email?
mine is ryanm14bones@yahoo.com
I send out a "quote of the day" every day. I'll add it to your list.
peace
ryan
p.s. i met your momma the other day! hope all is well, young jedi!