Daily Bible Verse

23 September 2007

Regular Joes.

I like coffee. A lot. And its all because Jenny Rudd had the heart to give me a job at the Loft Coffee House (see links). Well, I used to always say that I believed everyone needed atleast one addiction in their life. I know this sounds ridiculous, and I wasn't necessarily serious, but maybe just an extent. Anyway, I'm one of those coffee addict people. The kind that will sit somewhere forever, read books, check emails, even skip meals on occasion because of the "free refill". I love that.

Well, Elgin doesn't have much in the way of coffee shops. Nor do either of the surrounding areas for that matter. Sure, we have Starbucks, and, even though I am a former employee, I prefer not to frequent them. We also have Carribou Coffee, which is entirely new to me, being that they don't have these in San Antonio. But I have yet to be completely satisfied with these options. Willow Creek has a coffee shop on their campus; I know I know, its crazy, but its also tasty, and I spend a fair amount of time hanging out there. Additionally, I found out that there is a coffee shop, called Regular Joe's, about 1/4 mile away from Willow that is owned by a Willow Creek person, and staffed by a few Willow Creek people. I was pretty excited about this, so Aaron Van Fleet (an intern from Kentucky) and I decided to check it out before church yesterday.

I think I like it. I say I think, because I haven't been able to fully soak in the environment, but I do like what I saw.

So, this is just an fyi for all of my friends and family out there who know about my coffee habits. I just wanted to give you an update and say, "hey, don't worry, I am being taken care of."

But don't worry, the Loft is still my number one.

1 comment:

Jen Taylor said...

seriously, you can go in to this "regular joes" place, but ONLY if you are wearing your loft t-shirt.