Daily Bible Verse

03 October 2007

Today the Cubs play their first playoff game. Yeah...this doesn't happen every year. I have been wanting to go down to Wrigleyville, which is the neighborhood that the Cubs play in to hang out during a game, but since I leave for Texas tomorrow I wont be able to make it tonight. I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to make it out today. My fear: that by the time I get back to Chicago next week the Cubs will be the Cubs and have been knocked out of the play-offs.

Now, supposing that all goes well in the playoffs this year and the Cubs, by the grace of God, win the World Series, it will have ended a 99-year drought (1908 was their last World Series Win). If they even MAKE it to the world series, it will be the first time in 62 years (1945).

Just a heads up on whats big in Chicago this week. I, as well as another intern in Student Impact, are rocking the Cubs shirts today. And, just to toss it out there, I will probably be wearing it on Friday, as well as possibly church on Sunday.


In unrelated news...Evans and Esther are getting married Saturday!

1 comment:

Ben said...

We took Jadon to the Bulverde UMC pumpkin patch, and we saw your mom there. It was funny. We talked about you for a while. :o)

Hope all is going well.