Daily Bible Verse

13 October 2007

Cool Things I have going on:

At the beginning of the month I signed up for a gym membership at a place called God's Gym (www.ercgg.org), in Elgin, the suburb I am living in. The membership is fairly inexpensive, $20/month, and is only a few miles from where I live. I did this for two or so particular reasons: 1. As some of you know, Caleb Schmidt and I are having a workout-off until he turns 18, which is in about 1 year and a half. He punched me in the face once at YL and left a bruise, so I told him when he turns 18, its going down. He seems to think he has me, but I don't think he has any idea what he has coming. 2. God's Gym is directly across the street from Elgin High School, and is an outreach organization to keep kids (and even adults for that matter) off the streets, and out of gangs. It a rough crowd that works out in there, which is good because it motivates me to really "pump iron" (yeah, I know that sounds lame), so that I fit in. God's Gym also provides after school mentoring and tutoring for students, and is run on a primarily volunteer basis. Upon signing up they ask if you would like to volunteer with them, and I said "Yes. Yes I would like to.' So, beginning this next week I will meet with one of the volunteer coordinators there to find out how I may serve them.

Next, I talked to one of the students in my house group that I have been getting to know some, and he and I are going to start meeting on Wednesday's before church every other week ad just start going through the bible some and talking and getting to know eachother more. I am very excited about this. He is a cool guy, and I know he's got some great potential in him after he graduates this year to continue to grow into the man God's created him to be. And, he throws a decent frisbee, which, might I add, is the sport that every Christian male needs to know how to play.

Last, Elevate, which is Willow's junior high ministry, has been looking for volunteers to lead small groups for their students. Unlike Impact, since the students aren't able t drive on their own, Elevate has services during each of the 3 main Willow Services, so they are in need of a good amount of leaders. So, I decided that with some of my free time I am going to check out one of their services, which I am doing tonight, and possibly start leading a small group. I hear Elevate has a good time in their services, and a few of the leaders have become some of my good friends up here, so I figure I may as well help out.

And while I am posting I'll take the opportunity to plug their blogs for them, which you will see on the right side of the page.

Thats all I've got for now. I hope everyone is doing great, and I look foward to hearing from you sometime soon. Until next time, good days.

No comments: