Daily Bible Verse

29 November 2007

It is getting cold in the Chicagoland area. And by cold, i mean that the past few weeks have been as cold as a Texas winter, and we still have SO far to go. (its been on average in the low 30's everyday)

I finally bought some gloves. I was told that if I don't have any my fingers may fall off. Wouldn't want that happening. I think I'm buying a scarf after work today.

I get excited, in a sense, buying things for winter, since I never got to have them before. But, at the same time, I'm getting a bit anxious. When I first mentioned wanting to come to Chicago to my mom, who is from the area I live in now, she told me, "Oh, you'll love the snow...for the first two days, then you'll hate it the rest of the year".

We'll see. I really want to have a snowball fight. Maybe go sledding. Maybe build a snowman. So, I think I'll get each of these done in the first 2 days while I still enjoy it.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Well, I believe I told you to pack some ski gloves and scarves. You'll see, sometimes parents know what they are talking about.

Charles William Hughes said...

Sometimes...only sometimes...

I'l grab them when I go home.

Mom said...

Well, now I might just hide them from you!

Anonymous said...

grab some long johns also..you ain't seen nothing yet. Haven't hit below zero wind chills.