Daily Bible Verse

04 January 2008

Chasing the Lion


The other day I got an email from my friend Bobby Bo, who is currently in Thailand on a mission trip with YWAM (Youth With A Mission). He wanted to encourage me with how great Uncle Wong is. Uncle Wong is the code-name that we gave for God while he is overseas, since he will also be traveling in China, and doesn't want to be kicked out of the country. Well, Bobby emailed me to tell me a bit of the story about Samson.

He wrote:
"he chases a lion and just destroys it. thats how we need to look at any fear that is in us. chasing that fear. facing it head on and not running from it like we normally would. not feeding into the lies that satan wants us to believe. chase after your dreams and whatever god will put on your heart. chase the lion!!"


Rather than running and hiding from the lion, which is something he would normally be afraid of, he chases IT down. Now, I'm not going to lie and pretend that I know much about the story of Samson, but after being encouraged with the phrase, "Chase the Lion!", I honestly can't wait to read more about it.

I can't help but ask myself, "What would it look like if I chased my lion? Or, if you chased your lion? What is my lion? And more importantly, what would I do once I caught it?"


I met Bobby when I flew to Chicago in July for Sandblast, Student Impact's summer camp. We only talked briefly, but once I moved up here in August, we got to hang out some, and I got to know a bit more about who he is. Bobby just became a Christian in 2007, and quickly decided that he wanted to be involved with ministry, so he decided to attend one of YWAM's DTS programs in California. (Discipleship Training School, if I remember correctly). From hearing about his passion to serve God, and to know God, and to trust God, I have been so encourage and motivated. He's a super cool guy, and I just wanted to encourage anyone reading this with the words gave me..."Chase the Lion!!"

3 comments:

kmr said...

Nice. Good blog, good words.

court garrison said...

Hi friend. I cannot believe how quickly and how little I saw you while you were home. I miss you and I miss talking to you! Okay, enough of that - we will resort, for now, to reading each others words and being thankful I know you!

Court

Anonymous said...

Good words.