Daily Bible Verse

15 January 2008

Dominican Republic and the Cubs



So today I turned in my application for the Student Impact serving trip to the Dominican Republic. Not that I need to "apply," but they had to have all my medical history and contact information and such. So it's in, and it all goes as planned I will be co-leading a group of I believe 6 or so high school guys, along with my small group leader for the internship, Jeremiah.

I think this will be a great opportunity, and I am really looking forward to it. We will be gone for 8 days, from March 22, through March 30. And, as if the trip wouldn't be cool enough, God planned for the opening day at Wrigley Field to be March 31. So What a way to end the serving trip by being able to go to the Cubs' first home game of the year!

Baseball aside, I am not too sure yet of what my role will be on the trip, other than leading the group of high schoolers, or what exactly we will be doing there. But, be assured that as soon as I find out I will let you all know. Not necessarily on here, but possibly through letters and phone calls and such.

Until then, good days!

No comments: