Daily Bible Verse

30 January 2008

So Ridiculous...

I left for work yesterday morning at about 8am. It was cloudy and a bit drizzly, but it was a warm 49 degrees. Much of the snow was melting at this point, and I was beginning to be able to see some grass.

Fast Forward.

I leave work at about 530 with one of my friends to head to our Tuesday night group, which is about 20 minutes away. When we walk outside its still drizzly and wet, but has dropped to about the 30's somewhere.

Fast Forward.

We walk out of the house we were meeting in, only to instantly freeze our faces, and walk through a couple inches of snow towards out car. We get to the car, look at the temperature: 3 degrees.

Fast Foward.

This morning i wake up, look out the window, and see a bright sunny day. Sure, there's snow on the ground, but i think, the sun's out, must be another nice day. I start my truck, which, by the way, is not used to this crazy weather, I look at the temperature: -3.

Thats right. The temperature dropped over 50 degrees from yesterday morning to this morning. Which makes me think...SO ridiculous.

But the good news: winter is about halfway over (I hear), and I have been doing a lot better with the cold weather than I thought I would. Some would say I was born to be a Chicagoan (and some may not). But what we can all agree on is that by the time spring comes, I have earned my stripes as a Chicagoan, and now hold bragging right and story rights for when someone says, "It's sooooo cold!" when in fact it is only 50 degrees.

True story.

1 comment:

court garrison said...

Lov eyou - stay warm...and I need a new post!