Daily Bible Verse

15 January 2008

Linda Marceau and Pasta

Dear Riverside Community,
Consider yourself lucky to have a person like Linda Marceau in your community.
-Charles


Linda was in the Chicago area this past weekend for her intensives for seminary and made it out to WIllow on Sunday to go to church, and we were able to sit at Willow's coffee shop and catch up a bit. I told her that I was going to be in the city Sunday night to go to another church with some friends and asked if she would want to meet up afterwards for dinner and to chat. We went to the Pasta Bowl, which, in my opinion, is the best pasta restaurant in Chicago. And, by in my opinion, i mean that the first time I strolled in to eat I decided that I didn't want to give any other places a chance at competition. Anyway, I had a very encouraging conversation with Linda. She is the type of person that, just talking to her, you can see the Holy Spirit in her. After she told me about how she is back at Riverside now, no lie, I got a bit jealous that I wouldn't be able to hang out with her and the rest of my friends on staff there until this summer.

Dang, I love Riverside and all the people there. I hope you all know that I think about you often, and I can't wait to see you all again. Being home for Christmas, and spending time with my family, and going back to my "home church" definitely renewed my heart for ministry and for serving and loving people.

Thanks for everything, and if any of you ever want to come visit me in Chicago, believe me, we much meet at the Pasta Bowl.

4 comments:

kmr said...

I actually followed your link, looked at the menu, and wanted to go there. Not saying I'm going to take you out.. but if you are ever looking for company.. let me know. It sounds like I am trying to ask you out but I'm not.

The Garrison's said...

Linda is the coolest, as are you - Okay, I am jealous I did not get to go to dinner with 2 of the coolest!

Meg McCool said...

"friends on staff"...geez elitist. But seriously, Charlie Hughes another game of capture the flag is in store. P.S. you should be receiving your super awesome sweat band soon...of which you must post a photo of you wearing it somewhere that I can see!

Ben said...

We certainly miss you, too, Charlie. You better get back soon.