Daily Bible Verse

21 June 2008

On the "Staying End of Saying Goodbye" x2

A few of my real good friends here in the Chicago area will be saying Goodbye in just a matter of months, maybe for a period of time, maybe indefinitely. and, even though you may or may not know who they are, i am going to keep the names to myself, just in case they are still planning on telling you and haven't yet.

1. A good buddy that I met when I first moved here is moving back home to Oklahoma to finish school, Which, I think he should get that taken care of. I know there are a ton of people who are going to miss him up here, but I have a feeling that a side hobby of his that he has here (great musician/ songwriter) will do something special for him when he goes home. Maybe more opportunities to play and be heard.

2. a friend that I consider to be one of the coolest people I know (I may at times use the word 'rad' to describe her) got into a ministry training school in LA. California that is, not Louisiana. When I first met her this is something that she told me she was interested in doing, and after hearing and getting to know some of her heart toward ministry and learning more about, and serving God, I know that this will be an awesome opportunity for her. I have a friend right now that is at the school she is going to, and all he has to say about the school and the program is how amazing it is. and I believe him.

I told #1 that I was probably going to cry when he left, but I honestly would not be at all surprised if I cried for both. Now I know how my friends and family must have felt when I told them I was leaving. And, again when I told them I was staying (here, not there, that is). You hate to see it happen (thats what my room mate aaron always says, and it works for most any situation), but you know how good it will be.

No comments: